Western Electric"Clean Room"1955
AC Corporation’s experience with Cleanroom Technology began in 1954 with Western Electric Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It was the first known production-size cleanroom in the world.
The gyroscopes being supplied to the Nike missile program by Western Electric were being rejected at a rate of 99 out of 100, with each gyroscope costing $20,000. The culprit was identified to be dust. AC Corporation was commissioned to design and install this “dust-free” room. After the cleanroom was completed, Western Electric’s rejection dropped to one out of 100.
- 58 Years of Experience in Cleanroom Design and Implementation.
- Experience in ISO Class I thru Class 9 Cleanrooms (ISO Standards 14644-1)
- Single Source for Design, Fabrication, Construction and Maintenance
For more information on how AC Corporation can assist you in achieving your project goals please click on the links below:
- Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning »
- Building Automation Systems »
- Electrical »
- HVAC Service & Maintenance »
- HVAC Parts & Equipment »